Friday, April 23, 2010

Somewhere out there (American Tale)


I was just humming to myself last night while trying to find my sheet music to play some piano when I caught myself humming the tune for "Somewhere out there" from those little mouse movies (American Tale). If you've seen the movies then you probably remember the little mice brother and sister Fivel and Tanya mousekewitz. They are the two little mice who sing this song in a duet. It's a very sweet song and easy to sing. I have never tried to play it on piano because I just found this pdf file today for it. So I'll try and get at least a little bit of it learned and give you some feedback in the comments section of this post.
The lyrics in this song are in my opinion the best part of the song, other than the fact that it's a beautifully crafted duet song. The whole song is basically the two people (or mice in this case) singing to the moon that there must be someone out there thinking about them or loving them. In the movie the whole family is seperated when they are on a boat trip to America from Russia and they are trying to find each other again. (In the end they find each other and it's a tearful and joyous reunion and stuff.) The movie is great too. I highly reccomend it. I'm pretty sure it's G-rated. Great animated movie with amazing music. Here's your link:
http://www.pianomoz.com/somewhere-out-there.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment